Apex Highland is now able to offer an additional SMART Recovery meeting every Monday from 1.30pm – 3.30pm at the Inverness Unit (starting from 31st October 2016).
- Teaches self-empowerment and self-reliance.
- Provides meetings that are educational, supportive and focused on open discussions.
- Supports the use of prescribed medications and psychological treatments where appropriate.
- Can be used to tackle any form of addictive behaviour, including drugs and alcohol, gambling
- Evolves as scientific knowledge in addiction recovery evolves.
These meetings are open to anyone struggling with the problems of addictive behaviour. They are facilitated by someone who is in recovery and has completed a training course run by UK SMART Recovery; the meetings are, however, truly mutual aid and the focus of the meeting is helping each other.