The aim of the project is to divert females from progression into offending by offering 1:1 and group work support. The participant and mentor will work in partnership to directly tackle personal barriers, access education, training and employment opportunities, in order to improve job readiness, increase confidence and motivation bringing the participant closer to the labour market.
Each participant will be allocated a Personal Development Mentor who will assist participants:
- improve core employability skills
- gain access to specialist services in the community
- increase confidence and motivation
- Offer guidance through the disclosure process
- Raise awareness of benefits and opportunities for volunteering and work placement
- Identify suitable further education, training or employment
This service is for females aged 18+ who have been identified as being at the beginning of their offending career or at risk of offending.
Referrals are received directly from Police Scotland.