Apex Scotland’s vision is for a fair and just society in which people feel safe from crime, disorder and danger and those who are at risk of (re)offending are given the education, support and opportunities they need to change their behaviour, becoming effective citizens and leading fulfilling lives.
To be a leading not for profit organisation working with people of all ages and backgrounds who are the most disadvantaged and disengaged from society, and who are at risk of (re)offending, in a way which promotes desistance and enables them to re-engage and work towards a positive future.
Apex Scotland will focus on five main areas of activity to achieve our Purpose namely:
- Develop early intervention services designed to reduce the likelihood of people offending
- Develop desistance based services which reduce re-offending
- Develop social enterprises designed to be self-sustaining funding models which create opportunities for employment and other meaningful activity and social re-integration
- Undertake influence-based activities designed to promote social, economic and political change in accordance with our Vision
- Create and nurture strategic partnerships which allow more effective or efficient use of resources and opportunity to achieve our Purpose