Apex Grampian is actively involved in the Aberdeen Youth Justice Development programme ‘whole system approach’ which provides intensive support services for vulnerable young people who are at risk of harm to themselves and/or others.
We now require youth workers on a sessional basis, to participate in delivering an activities-based programme within Aberdeen city’s local communities. Activities can take place during the day, evenings, weekends and holidays.
This is an exciting opportunity to have a positive impact on young people’s lives by engaging and encouraging young people to participate in a variety of leisure and recreational activities which will aim to improve young persons’ personal and social responsibility, along with their own sense of self-respect and the creation of more positive peer groups.
- We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic individuals who have effective communication skills
- You must possess the ability to empathise and build trusting relationships with young people and have an understanding of youth culture overall
- An aptitude for developing creative programmes of leisure and recreational pursuits to meet individual needs
- Flexibility and the ability to deal with challenging situations
- Experience of working with vulnerable young people or adults
- Currently a member of PVG scheme
- An understanding of GIRFEC principles/processes and the criminal justice system
Successful applicants will be required to join the PVG scheme for children and adults. A driving licence would be advantageous and access to a means of transport are essential to this post as there will be some travel required.
Job reference: SYW/ABD
Rate of pay: £10.55ph
Hours of work: Sessional
Closing date: No closing date at present